While many of you are being hit with terrible winter storms, I was on the verge of putting away the blankets earlier in the week. Then some sort of front blew in, and it is unseasonably cold. I just checked the weather report on our ministry website, and it is currently 45 degrees F in the middle of the afternoon! That, folks, is cold with no indoor heating. Not that I am complaining, mind you. I'm watching your weather reports and thankful to be here and not up there.
Jim is up in Orlando this week attending some leadership meetings and our Missionary Ventures World Conference. Please pray for wise decisions to be reached and for people to be encouraged at the conference. After that he will go see his mom for another week and a half or so, hopefully connecting with some supporting churches and potential teams while he is in Ohio. Please pray for just the right teams to be recruited for 2011.
This year I opted to not go to the conference, but instead made a brief trip to visit my own mother in Dallas after getting Hannah settled into her new school and housing in Colorado. For more information and photos you can read my M&M blog (Memories and Musings). Thank you for praying for our road trip from California, which went without incident. No roads were closed due to ice or snow and Hannah got there in time for class on January 3rd as scheduled. Now we are awaiting results from some blood work done last week for a mystery ailment causing her hands to turn black at seemingly random times. We'd appreciate prayer for Hannah's health, too.
Mostly I just wanted to ask for prayer this month, which is resembling last September, with Jim and me taking turns at single parenting while the other makes a necessary trip. Pray that I succeed in managing things here at home and on the field, and that we maintain good communication while separated. With modern technology Jim can stay on top of field operations via email, phone, and Skype from anywhere, but marriages somehow benefit from a bit more close contact. My heart goes out to those whose husbands are deployed. It isn't ideal, but it can't be helped.
Thank you for standing with us in ministry and also personally. We truly are blessed with some very wonderful friends and supporters. May the Lord grant you peace and joy in this new year, 20-Eleven. We love you all.
Partners in reaching the unreached,
Jamie and Jim Loker
Jamie and Jim Loker
Praying for all of it, JJ.
ReplyDelete